Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process flow through the end? What does/should my board look like 2 weeks in?

Mark Wusinich November 20, 2018

Hello, I am slowly getting used to using Trello to track things. My goal is to have two boards for personal use before I invest the time to create stuff for work. I want to really understand it before I invest other team members time in using something that I don't currently understand. 

I want to create a household chores board, that tracks my family's progress on cleaning and chores, and I want to create a personal todo board. 

All the tutorials and on-line blogs are about setting up the board and they seem to finish with "Task Completed", but what happens afterwards? Six weeks later does your "Task Completed" list have 200 things on it? What does it look like six months later?

I can see that archiving is a thing, but how do I archive and still get reporting? It would be nice if there was a tutorial that discussed what you can do six weeks into using the tool. Maybe six weeks from now it will be obvious, but I kind of what to know what to expect before I start investing time into this tool.

Finally I love Joel's writing.  I wish he would continue to write.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

@Mark Wusinich one obvious choice would be to have an archive board, and periodically rename the list with the current month then move it to the archive board so you have a full history without cluttering up your main board.

Mark Wusinich November 20, 2018

Thank you, but nothing seems obvious to me. I have little experience with this, and my goal is to save/archive them in a way that I can still report on them in a meaningful way.

So have a whole board 'archive' then at the start of each month, rename it to Archive_YYYYMM, then create a new board named Archive?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

@Mark Wusinich I didn't mean it should be obvious to you ;)

I would have a single archive board and rename your done list, then move the list to the archive board.

Eg. rename the list to "Done November 2018" and move the list to the archive board, then create a new Done list.

Like Mark Wusinich likes this
Bob Shaw February 26, 2019

I create a yyyy-mm-completed column.  then move the column to the archive board when I get too many such that they annoy me to take action.  

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events