Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only certain people to see the tasks

Peter Kabaluk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

Hello.
First of all, sorry for my english. I will try my best to describe the question:

There will be employees using Trello - lets say they are A, B, C, D, E, F....(might be about 20 of them)
And also there is a boss - lets say X, and a supervisor - lets say Y.
The boss will create tasks for all these people. If boss X creates a task for employee A, is it possible that only employee A and the boss X will see that task? Or, if it is for A and B, then only these 3 people will see the task (X, A and B). 
The other thing is, if a supervisor Y creates task for employee A, then only the boss X, supervisor Y and employee A will be able to see the task on the board.
Can I achieve all this in Trello? If so, how please?
Last thing - the boss X needs to have "something, dont know how to call this", where he will not have all the tasks in one place mixed , but for example, he will have :
Tasks for employee A, 
Tasks for employee B, 
Tasks for employee C, ...ect and of course these should be like boards, where for each one of these there will be columns as usual (TO DO, PENDING, DONE, CANCELED...)

Hope I described it well. Please if you can, give me an answer for these questions. We are now on FREE version, but if this can be achieved, we will switch to a paid version.

Thank you very much.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

Hi @Peter Kabaluk 

I don't believe this is possible in Trello; permissions are at a board-level, rather than a card-level.

You can do this with multiple boards potentially, and automation to split them up - for example...

• Boss X and Supervisor Y have a board they can see, where cards are raised
  • Each user has a board each (so 20 boards in your example) - which only they can see
  • Cards are cloned to each user's board based on Membership (or a custom field)

...but I think this will get overly complex because you want some cards to be assigned to just single users, and others to multiple.

---

Based on your needs...

• Limited views per user
  • Flexibility to visualise tasks to users in any combination
  • Ability to dashboard all team members tasks
  • Boards based on workflows

...I'd actually check out Jira. You can achieve the limited views using Issue Security Schemes.

Ste

Peter Kabaluk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

Thank you very much Ste, I will have a look... 
Much appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events