Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One email with Admin and Normal accounts

andrewrandrade December 4, 2020

I have an admin account with boards/cards/activities in it. I sent an invite to the same admin account, click on the invite.

back in trello, i can now see two accounts one is Admin and the other is Normal. both have different usernames but are under the same email address. When I log in now in Trello (even in different browsers) I can only see the one board assigned to the Normal account. I cannot see the boards/cards/activities under the Admin account.

xxx.PNG 

Is there a way to remove the Normal account, and restore access back to Admin account? Please advise. Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2020

Hi Andrew,

It normally isn't possible to create two separate accounts with the same email address, so we'd like to look into this and understand what is happening with your accounts. As this is specific to your accounts, it would be great if you could reach out to our Support team at trello.com/contact with the two usernames of your accounts, and we can figure out what is happening here.

Thanks!

Ryan

andrewrandrade December 7, 2020

Hi Ryan,

Support is now working on my issue and I have provided as much details as possible to facilitate their investigation.

TRELLO-24759 <email removed for privacy> have admin and normal account

Thank  you!

Andrew

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2020

Think outside the box ... the normal user account, change that email address in the settings to say your personal one, then you can login to the admin version and set that to something ... I use the general filing & archive email address for the admin, so my "working profile" is same as everybody else, then if there is an issue with the board, I spot before everybody complains.

Plus, add the file user back on cards as a watcher, and it will get a copy in the email of every action on the card, which is great to search when there is a dispute and somebody might of deleted a card ... you have a copy.

andrewrandrade December 6, 2020

Thanks Stephen.  But my issue is different. I have an Admin account where all the boards are set up. I sent an invite to the email address of the Admin account. WHen I saw the email i just clicked on the invite link. That brought me to Trello.

In Trello I suddenly have another account which is in the picture above is "A". And noticed that I do not have Admin access anymore. I was still able to see both account settings and discovered that the 2 accounts have different username but both are under the same email address

So I logged out, logged back in, credential not recognized, created a new password. then logged in. Then I discovered that I only have one board that i previously shared. all my other boards disappeared."AA" is also gone.

I went back to my brower's history and clicked on the links of the missing boards, Trello said "board not found"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events