cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notififications personal board

O D
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 25, 2022

Hi all,

I am using Trello as a personal to do tool.

Now I would like to set due dates and get notifications for those, but it seems this is only possible if i add myself specifically to this card. I find it a bit inconvenient to add myself to every single card on a personal board… 

I have turned on both settings to get notified for boards workspaces (and cards) that i follow or participate in, but this doesn’t seem to do the trick.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Marques Noll
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2022

Hi Olga! Welcome to the Community!

I’m Felipe, nice to meet you.

Due date notifications are sent 24 hours before the due date time by default. If you add a due date that’s less than 24 hours away, or if you start watching a card within 24 hours of when it’s due, you won’t receive a notification in that case. However, you can change the due date reminder time to a shorter value (from 24 hours before the card is due, to as soon as the card is due) inside of the Due Date picker.

Additionally, Trello will notify you of actions that happen for a card you are assigned to or are Watching. You can watch a Board/List/Card for example. This means that your icon or Watching ‘eye’ icon is on it. See also:

So, to test if to test the due date notification is working properly, you can:

1. You can create a new board and a card on the board.
    2. Add yourself as a member to the card, and then set a due date with a reminder of “At the time of due date”.
    3. Then, close your browser tab or navigate away from the Trello board and let the due date become overdue. (It’s important to mention that you may not get a notification if you are viewing the board/card on another device because Trello assumes you’ve seen it, so, keep your browser tab closed or navigate away from the board and wait for the card to become overdue.)

If the instructions above don’t trigger any notification, since your situation seems very specific, I would like to take a closer look at it. Could you please submit a new ticket with us and select the option “Report a bug”? It would be very helpful to investigate further and report the bug to our development team if this is the case.

Felipe Noll

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events