Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications for changes within a card

Jay February 15, 2020

Does anyone know if there is a way for board members and team members to get notified of any changes in the cards besides commenting on those changes? Let’s say, someone will edit a description, changes the due date, adds a label etc. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2020

Hi

You can send automatically an email to boardmembers with a link when a card is added.

Then just ask to each member to subscribe to the card. In this case, they will be notified after any change.

Concerning butler rule to create

when a card is added to the board, send an email notification to every member on the board with subject "Request an action" and message "Subscribe to the card {cardlink}"

Concerning notifications

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

Jay February 15, 2020

I see. Few questions that came to mind after reading your answer:

1. Is there a way to set up notifications for an existing cards?

I checked my general notifications setting and everything there is turned on. Therefore  I was suppose to be notified when there are any changes made to a card by team members as long as I watch it, which I do. But I did not get notified. Any idea why?

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2020

If you watch a card, and the change is made by an another member than yourself and the notification frequency option "never" is unchecked, you should receive notifications after any changes.

Jay February 15, 2020

So, what might be going on if I do not receive notifications about edits for cards I watch?

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2020

You should contact trello support.

Jay February 15, 2020

Got it. Thanks for all of your recommendations!

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2020

Good news. Can you please accept the answer so that it can be referred by other users in future.

Like Dee-Dee likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events