Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Question

Delaney_Baie_Pridham
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2020

Does anyone know how to limit notifications on Trello? I am getting notifications every time someone edits or creates on Trello. But I only want to be notified when I'm mentioned/tagged. 

3 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

@Delaney_Baie_Pridham every time you comment on a card, there is a little checkbox, checked by default until you uncheck it (you only need to do this once) that watches the card. This is typically how people end up watching cards when they didn't intend to.

You can also watch lists, and boards. That's how you get notified in Trello, watching stuff. When you get added to a card as a member, you automatically watch it, too.

My integration BenkoBoard automatically unwatches any card you're added to so you only get notified about being added to a card, mentioned in a comment, and removed from a card, and all those notifications are aggregated in a single board:

https://trello.com/integrations/#/benkoboard

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

Hi @Delaney_Baie_Pridham it may be worth checking your notification email frequency settings on Trello as you may be ticked as "Instantly" receive notifications? 

Let me know if this helps as there's more options we can explore.

All the best,

Laura 

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2020

Hi @Delaney_Baie_Pridham if you are a member of a card or you are watching a card you would get notifications related to that card, or if someone @ mentions you or creates an @ board mention. 

This article gives a lot of great information so that you can tailor your notifications:

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks,

Jodi

Delaney_Baie_Pridham
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2020

@Jodi LeBlanc Even when Im not a member of the card or am not watching the card or am not "@" mentioned, I am getting notifications. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events