Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see UI component inside slack channel to comment on Trello Card

Shishupal Shakya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 7, 2021

Hi, 

I have recently integrated Slack with Trello. 

Slack channel is getting notified well as soon a someone comments on Trello board.

But, I am not able to comment from Slack Channel on any board since slack is not showing me any button to click and comment, I can comment using "/trello comment Test" but I want UI component inside Slack channel itself to comment on the card.

Please let me know in case I am missing something in the settings.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

Hi @Shishupal Shakya ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! My recommendation would be to read the Trello guide on The Trello app for Slack - this may be able to provide some guidance on sending comments from Slack to Trello. 

Here's a little snippet of what the article contains:

When a link to a Workspace visible card or board is sent in a channel @trello is in it will automatically show you the details and let you perform quick actions. Everyone in the Slack channel will be able to see what the board or card is about even if they do not have a Trello account.

@trello will not automatically join any channels on its own. Invite @trello to the channels you want it to expand Trello links in by typing /invite @trello in those channel(s).

Note: For security reasons @trello will only show details for cards and boards that are in the linked Trello Workspace, and are Workspace visible (ie. @trello will not unfurl content on boards that are private). To unfurl content on private boards, you can use the /trello url-to-card-or-board command.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Shishupal Shakya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 7, 2021

Thanks @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ 

Got it, To comment on any Trello Card from Slack I'll have to paste card link in the slack channel.

My expectation is to make it bit simpler.

Is there not a way that allows users to comment on Trello Card without pasting its url in slack channel?

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Hi @Shishupal Shakya, unfortunately this is as simple as it gets at the moment 😳 but they are always developing and improving the Power Ups so the capabilities might be there further down the line (i know that doesn't help for right now though!).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events