Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night Mode for Trello

Viewing page 3 of 3

64 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Justin Shartzer November 10, 2020

Piling on - We need this for the web app.

1 vote
Murat CANIBERK June 1, 2020

as an alternative you can use

userstyle addon modification

https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/trello

Philip_Christopher June 18, 2020

Incredible, thanks for the tip!

Chase September 15, 2020

I use the App so there is still no solution for bringing dark mode.

Apparently, Trello/Atlassian's developers have never visited this Forum otherwise they would obviously move this to the top of the list of priorities. 

Like pablo.diaz likes this
Trello Admin September 16, 2020

The funniest part is that it's only a matter of changing a bunch of CSS values and it can be done programmatically.  If Dark Reader extension can do it in an instant in the browser.  The packaged desktop app can do the same.

Trello management and developers are lazy at best!

Like # people like this
orionnoir December 14, 2021

Our organization has strong vetting processes for extensions in browsers. No dark mode tool we have reviewed to date has passed muster. There is nothing to prevent a tool from transmitting the data it reads... Permissions on Chrome exist, but are still to weak. The extensions by their nature are insecure. Open source transparency is not a proper way to handle this.

Someone at Atlassian has a hard on for 'bright' mode and it makes me shop around for other products. Which is even easier to do now since the price hike and changes made to make more revenue.

Maybe now that they are done with big changes they can work on usability/accessibility i.e., to include dark mode.

Like pablo.diaz likes this
0 votes
orionnoir June 20, 2023

Its officially "solved" now. It has been a journey... Thank you all for the pressure to get this feature made... but dark mode is officially here. It was part of a much larger UI redo. I can't throw stones at that since I am doing that to my users right now. 🤣 They will get eye relief in a couple years... (at my current rate)

https://blog.trello.com/introducing-trello-dark-mode?utm_source=newsletter-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=trello-june2023-newsletter1_EML-15903&jobid=106107271&subid=1735797871&send_date=6/20/2023

I am already starting to use Trello more now versus the other solutions that didn't pierce my ocular degenerating vision. No more need for data exposing 3rd party tools to get a dark mode feature...

I'll be a paid user again at this rate.

0 votes
O_Njili April 27, 2023

Hi Trello teams,

That was so many years poeple ask for a dark mode.
Are you working on it?

When you gonna work on it ?

Thanks in advance for youre respond.

0 votes
pablo.diaz March 1, 2023

All good and notorious platforms have dark mode. I still don't know why Trello doesn't.

0 votes
David Porrero August 18, 2022

Until they develop a dark mode for the application, at least I can use the Trello Night/Dark mode extension as if it were a Windows application pinned to the taskbar:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-pin-a-website-to-the-taskbar

0 votes
Felipi Fabre July 8, 2022

Where is the dark mode? How many people requesting for dark mode was here texting and how many people been here just reading the comments? There is a lot of people requesting for this simple feature. I've been here for 2 years waiting for this and now I decided to comment.

0 votes
adriangordon1231 June 29, 2022

It is very disappointing that this feature has still not been implemented. It has literally been 3 years since it was requested.

0 votes
Sune Rievers June 27, 2022

Please reconsider. Everyone has dark/night mode these days...

0 votes
Datawarrior April 30, 2021

It is kind of sad that there is still not a dark mode option for Windows or Android phones. Nothing like going from EVERY other app I have that has dark mode and then pulling up Trello to be blinded while I am doing a little work in bed while my wife is sleeping. Get up with the times or lose my business. Oh, yeah... let's just burn up my battery and waste energy because devs can't get their act together for Trello. 

0 votes
RahulD February 5, 2021

You may use this Chrome Extension for Trello Night/Dark mode:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-night/mfifmoklnkpndjjcalemaggldbicmkki?hl=en

Chase February 5, 2021

We are all referring to the native Application on the Mac or PC.
   We're all aware of the website and browser options. 

Like # people like this
orionnoir December 14, 2021

Do you work/own/manage Dark Reader? You are a strong advocate. Are you affiliated with any of the recommendations you have made here?

Like Brian Jackson likes this
Brian Jackson December 14, 2021

Ya, the Chrome extension above is not a solution, and if you take your privacy seriously I recommend against it. It can read your browsing history. 

0 votes
Alexander Groleau February 2, 2021

Please do for Trello MacOS app :P

0 votes
Justin Shartzer December 8, 2020

Since it seems Atlassian has no interest in adding this feature, there is a solution for Chrome users.  The Chrome extension Trello Night works pretty well. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-night/mfifmoklnkpndjjcalemaggldbicmkki

Scorch December 9, 2020

Many thanks, I'll check that out! :-)

Shane Hoffa December 10, 2020

It's a bit buggy. Only the main view is dark, not any of the cards. And the background images don't display. Also, I like to use the desktop app more than a browser. However this is a nice attempt. It definitely displays the need for native dark mode. 

Like # people like this
orionnoir February 8, 2021

My issue with using extensions to solve this is your putting data access at risk. Just look at the recent forced removal of the great suspender extension drama. I just don't trust extensions.

Like Brian Jackson likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events