Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New rules about Collaborators

Dayane March 6, 2024

A notification appeared that Trello will change the rules regarding collaborators in the work area and I have a question!
In total, we have 15 collaborators, 4 with paid accounts (work area members) and 11 guests with different work areas.
Will the new rule include all the 15 members, because we have guests, or just the 4 of us because we use the paid work area?

Collaborators (15) Desktop Members (4) Guests (11)

1 answer

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2024

Hi @Dayane! It really doesn't matter which subscription these 15 members of your Workspace members currently have on their Workspaces, as this won't be a factor that affects your subscription price. What you'll need to keep an eye out for is the total number of members you have in your Workspace, which is 15 (Workspace members + Guests). 

Let me give you an example using your current number of Members. Let's say you want to upgrade your Workspace to the annual plan for Premium, and you have 4 Workspace members and 11 single-board Guests. In this scenario, you'd only need to pay for the 4 members of your Workspace, as they're the only billable members of your subscription. 

However, let's change the scenario a bit. Let's say that instead of having 11 single-board Guests and 4 Workspace members, you have 4 Workspace members, 9 single-board Guests, and 2 multi-board Guests. In this second scenario, you'd need to pay for the 4 Workspace members (remember they're considered billable members) and the 2 multi-board Guests. 

Multi-board Guests on paid Workspaces are also considered billable members and can affect the final price of your subscription. 

To learn more about how billing works on Trello, you can read this support article here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/how-billing-works-with-trello-premium-and-standard/

I hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events