Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help organizing team/workspaces...

Timothy Samoff September 1, 2021

Hello,

With the new changes coming to Trello, I'd like to get a better handle on how to set up a team that can use multiple workspaces. (Is this possible?)

For context, I'm a professor in a program that begins a new cohort each fall. Currently, each cohort is assigned to a new workspace (see image). There are also some planning workspaces that additional team members need to access.

apu_games-trello.png

Within each of those workspaces, the cohort has specific "course" boards that they are assigned to. In the following image, this cohort has access to the boards/courses that they are enrolled in.

apu_games-cohort_alpha-trello.png

What I'd like to do is create a single "team" that consists of each member of each cohort (for billing purposes) and then assign certain members from the single team to specific cohort workspaces.

OR

I'd like to know the best method for doing this the "right" way.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2021

Hi @Timothy Samoff ! If you're wanting to approach this in the best way from a billing perspective, it might make sense to create one main workspace and make all boards private, and just add members to the boards they need to see, rather than making them workspace members. If you have a member that just needs to see one board, for example, they won't be a billable member

If you have the premium plan, you can then organize your boards using collections - perhaps "tagging" each board with the respective cohort so you're able to easily filter all the boards in the workspace. 

Timothy Samoff September 2, 2021

Ah, thank you. So, basically, using this method, any instructor could be a member of the Workspace (billable), and all students could remain guests (free). That makes sense.

Thank you!

Timothy Samoff September 7, 2021

Ah, hmmm... Guests who belong to more than one board become Multi-Board Members. I guess I didn't understand that in your post. This would be cost-prohibitive.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events