Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My checklist is being modified by Butler, and I can't figure out why.....??

Shawna January 26, 2021

I have a Butler command that adds a checklist to a card when I move it from one list to another specified list.  My checklist has seven items.  Yesterday it added the entire list.  Today it is only adding 5 of the seven items, and they are ones in the middle of the list.  Can anyone explain what may have caused this modification?  Is it something I unknowingly did?  Thanks in advance for any help / advice / tips!

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

@Shawna can you post what your command is, and some screenshots showing the before/after state of the checklists on the card?

Shawna January 27, 2021

My command is:

when a card is added to list "Product - TO DO" by me, add the "QA/QC Checklist" checklist to the card

This is an image of my original checklist:Checklist.png

This is my successful move / Butler checklist add:Checklist - successful.png

This is a shot of the list where I circled the items that would be missing:

Checklist - missing items.png

I can't recreate the problem now.  I went and fixed all the cards that had the incorrect lists, so maybe when I added a new card to the list it pulled from one of the modified checklists...???  So I guess my question now is, how do I make sure it pulls from my original list and not one I have added later and possibly modified?

Thanks again for any and all help!

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

@Shawna when you add a checklist you can specify a "from card", then you just have to have a template card that has your clean checklist on it

Like Shawna likes this
Shawna January 28, 2021

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events