Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multichoice extra field

vberruezo February 21, 2020

Hi there,

I am trying to create a drop down menu that is multi selection. I want to avoid having 10 checkbox on each card. I tried the dropdown menu component but it only allows one selection per list. Does anyone know of any power up or a way to do so?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2020

Hi @vberruezo 

A drop down menu doesn't avoid having multiple checklists. Instead of you tell us how you make this, you should more precise your needs/use cases. For example, 

• As member, when I add a card to the list, a pre installed specific checklist is added to the card.
  • As admin, I don't give permissions to members to add another checklists than those pre installed.
0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2020

Hi @vberruezo 

If you add the Custom Field PowerUp, then head to the back of a card and click on the PowerUp on the right hand side of the card. Then select '+ New Field' then in 'Type' select 'dropdown' and pick a title for your dropdown, you can add as many options as you would like, you can also colour code them!

It looks like this:

Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 19.01.56 (1).png

To colour code them, if you want to, add all the options, then hover your mouse over the grey square and you'll be able to pick the colour you'd like, then click on 'Create'

Hope this is helpful

Esme :)

vberruezo February 23, 2020

Thanks Esme but this option only allows one selection of the list, I am looking for a multi selection drop down menu.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2020

Hi @vberruezo 

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

I often need the same thing, so I use labels in place of a multi-select. I don't know if that would help at all? That way, I can filter for just specific labels and having multiple labels per card means I can be really specific on what I'm looking for. 

I don't think there are any PowerUps that would give you a multi-select dropdown, but I'll hop into Trello and have a look just in case!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events