Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a template from one board to another

Kristen Lebsock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 7, 2020

Hello! I would like to move a template I built to a different team for broader use in the org (outside my personal team that I originally built it for). The team I built the template in is a business class board, while the team I'd like to move it to is the free version; however, I didn't use any business class features or power ups. Is there a way to do this without losing my work? When I went into the template settings, and selected 'change board' I got a warning that moving the template out of a paid team will convert it to a board. I am hoping that if I do that I can then reconvert it back to a template, but I'm hesitant to do it in the event I can't! Looking for any thoughts!

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2020

Hi @Kristen Lebsock 

Is it a template card or board you're looking to move?

Esme :)

Kristen Lebsock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 13, 2020

@Esme Crutchley  It's a board!

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Kristen Lebsock 

Okey dokey, if you go to 

• Show Menu (top right of the board)
  • Click 'more'
  • Click 'Copy board'
  • Then pick what you want the new board to be called and where you want the new board to be
  • You can pick if you want the cards and templates to be carried across as well

Hope this helps, let me know!

Esme :)

Ashley Danny Kaylor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 25, 2023

Hello! 

It will not allow me to move a template I made from my one board to another board. I can select the board I want to move the template to, but it won't let me click MOVE. 

Can anyone help?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events