Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage tickets permission on a same board

VincentO January 8, 2019

Hi team,

I'd like ot use one unique board to work with differents members, but I don't want them to see all of the tickets, only tickets linked to each member. So I need to give special permission on a same board, in order to only give permission for Member A to only see tickets linked to him and not tickets linked to Member B for example, is it possible ? 

Thanks a lot for your help !

Vincent

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2019

Hi Vincent,

I'm afraid that's not possible—once you give someone permission to a board at all, they can view all content on that board, and it's not possible to restrict that, or prevent them from seeing some content. In situations like that, we recommend setting up separate boards for those different permission levels.

VincentO January 14, 2019

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks ! I think I'll do what you recommand, and we'll manage to have 2 seperated boards, with some tickets in double.

Have a good day,

Vincent 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2019

@VincentO one option would be to use a custom API integration to distribute cards to individual user's boards for their own responsibility, maintaining a link to those cards from the central board.

This could be done using Trello's API. I have created a free/open source G-Suite coding platform that allows simple Trello automation:

https://trello.com/integrations/#/trellinator

The code would look like this:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/c3ea2943e7b9e01169d176357a77cc7d

VincentO January 14, 2019

Hi Iain,

Ok great, I'll see if this solution is "quick" to implement. And in the meantime, we'll have 2 separated boards.

Thanks a lot !

Vincent 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2019

@VincentO let me know if you need a hand setting it up, you can contact me via my profile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events