Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking and syncing boards, lists and cards

Lesley Adams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 1, 2020

Hi

I'm the facilitator of the team which is leading a change management initiative in one multi-national organisation.  We want to use Trello as a way to plan and manage the work in a visually-accessible way, with clear task allocations, deliverables, deadlines etc.  

Our lead team will need a board consisting of the higher-level work - lists of different high-level work streams, with cards (or perhaps even checklist items) indicating the work that working groups will be responsible for. 

Various working groups will need to work on different parts of this work.  We think it might be overly complex if they see all the lists and cards which the lead team is working on.   

We'd like to have one board for the lead team, and additional "sub-boards" for each of the working groups.  But we want the ability to link and sync whole lists, or cards, so that we don't have to continually copy across, and check for difference. 

Also, is it possible to copy lists across from one board to another? And to copy a card from a list in one board to a list in another board?  I haven't found a way of doing this yet.  

Can we do this with the Trello basic account, or do we need to power up to business class?   

4 answers

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2020

Run the cost of using Zapier to sync between the various boards ... think its $19 a month.

0 votes
Jillian Amyot _Unito_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 3, 2020

Hey @Lesley Adams , it sounds like you need to create a masterboard for your trello, with individual boards to avoid confusion. There is a paid power up by a company I work for, Unito, where you can create a masterboard, or use the mirror feature! Here are articles that might be helpful to see which fits your use-case best: masterboard, mirror. I hope this helps! :) 

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2020
0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Hi @Lesley Adams ,

Welcome to the community!

"Various working groups will need to work on different parts of this work.  We think it might be overly complex if they see all the lists and cards which the lead team is working on.   "

Create a private board with invite-only users! You can hide a few cards and lists on a board you have to make the whole board hide by making it private!

"Also, is it possible to copy lists across from one board to another? And to copy a card from a list in one board to a list in another board?"

Yes, Definitely! You can transfer any card or list to another board!

"Can we do this with the Trello basic account, or do we need to power up to business class?   "

Well, Trello free plans have limitations on the actions you want to perform. So the best plans for you Org will be a Business plan or Enterprise plan depending upon your usecase!

Compare features & pricing HERE

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events