Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking a board with a card

Asaf Hershkovitz May 21, 2021

Hi everyone!

thanks for this awesome community.

I have a wish/fantasy that I would love to hear if it's possible.

Can we somehow link an entire board to a single card? this card will have checklists that are linked to the cards in the board, and it will notify for upcoming due dates. basically, I wish it will be possible to estimate the general project status from the card.

What do you think? is it possible? :)

2 answers

1 vote
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2021

basically, I wish it will be possible to estimate the general project status from the card.

This sounds like a use-case for something like the Hello Epics Power-Up or Epic Cards.

Generally, I'd recommend you check out the power-up directory, there's a bunch of cool power-ups that help you summarize projects/tasks on a Trello board.

1 vote
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Hi @Asaf Hershkovitz 

first of all thanks for your kind words! I'm sure everyone in community loves this 💙

You can easily link a board to a single card:

• Go to 'Attachments'
  • Choose 'Trello'
  • Choose the board you want to have linked

The other thing you wrote about - and I really wish to make dreams come true - are not worked by this link. 

This would be another workflow maybe using butler and combining two boards -> When something is finished and moved to list 'Finished' update a card on another board

You should really check out Butler for those more complex workflows!

Feel free to ask for more help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events