Label marking history Edited

Is there a way to track the history of which team member marked/unmarked labels on list?

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N Community Champion Oct 05, 2017

Hey Mitch

Trello doesn't track the label history, however you can use Butlerbot to help with this!

To add custom automation using Butlerbot, follow these steps:

1) Add Butlerbot to your board here
-- A new list will be created titled "Butler"
2) Add two new cards to the Butler list, using the follow text 

• when a label is removed from a card, post comment "@{username} removed the {labelcolor} label from this card"
  • when a label is added to a card, post comment "@{username} added the label {labelcolor} label to this card"

If you use label names, then the variable would be "{labelname}" instead of "{labelcolor}".  You can even extend the comment to include the date and time, even though the comment will be timestamped.  Just use

• when a label is removed from a card, post comment "@{username} removed the {labelcolor} label from this card one {date} at {time}

Then, whenever a user adds or removes a label on any card within the same board, Butler will write a comment on that card that will look something like @username added the label orange label to this card or @username added the orange label to this card on October 5th at 2:30pm.

Hope this helps - feel free to respond if you have additional questions.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

68 views 3 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you