Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining 'replies' to the 'comment' replied to

Ian Campbell March 14, 2019

I wish, wish, wish replies to a comment would attach themselves somehow to that comment, and not appear as just another comment.

There is no difference currently between a comment and a reply to a comment, other than the reply appearing with an automatic @ , which is easy enough to do manually.

So if you have several comments and several replies to different comments in a List, the result is a horrible jumble.

3 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2019

@Ian Campbell the best way to do this is to copy the previous comment and prefix paragraphs you're replying to with ">", so you can interleave your replies

Here is what the text looks like:

2019-03-15 at 9.00 am.png

Here is what it looks like when saved:

2019-03-15 at 9.00 am.png

0 votes
Ian Campbell March 14, 2019

Thanks for the suggestion Iain.

Am I right in thinking, though, that it will only work for multiple replies to a comment from the same person. If you have a number of people, including the original commenter, replying to the same comment, all those replies cannot be joined together?

This is what I need.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2019

@Ian Campbell no there's no conversation threading. If you wanted to thread a conversation you could create a card to hold that conversation, and link it to the original, so you'd split off conversation threads into sub-cards:

https://blog.trello.com/related-cards-related-boards

Or you could use Slack or Hangouts Chat for threaded conversations :)

0 votes
Rajesh Ramankutty March 14, 2019

Hi me also want's to know how to get reply option in the comment box.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events