Is automatic adding of a checklist to a newly created card a feature of Trello?

Deleted user March 16, 2018

When I add new card to a list, and I open it, I see that a checklist without items has been added to the card automatically. Is that a feature of Trello, and if so, can this be turned off? This happens both in Chrome and IE 11.

3 answers

1 vote
mamamusings April 2, 2018

This is really not a useful "feature". Checklists are not, and should not, automatically be a part of every task. Not only does this clutter cards that should be straightforward, it adds notifications (particularly if you have a Slack integration) that are unnecessary. Please provide the option to turn this off.

0 votes
M A April 2, 2018

Hello, i'm currently facing this issue.  While creating multiple cards, it is very uncomfortable, as I have the more actions to do and triple count of events in the log. Strangely, it is not affecting my colleagues while affecting both my accounts and every browser I tried. Could you please disable this "feature" for my account ?

Thank you in advance.

M A April 2, 2018

For the records, it is also reported by other users on stack exchange: https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/115543/create-a-trello-card-without-a-checklist

0 votes
Denise
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2018

Hi Dan,

The checklist behavior you see is part of an experiment that our team is running. Unfortunately, it is not possible to opt out of the experiment at this time. 

I'm sorry if that change doesn't contribute to the way you're using Trello. I will definitely pass your request for a way of turning this off along to our team.

Thanks for reaching out!

Deleted user March 19, 2018

Thank you for the info. I would very much like to be able to turn this feature off in the future, ideally board-based, as on some boards I have more almost all cards without checklists, while on others this feature would actually become quite handy. Thanks again for the info and for Trello:-)

M A April 5, 2018

Any news on this?

ntchern April 9, 2018

Please remove this feature, or make it optional, with OFF by default. Thanks.

M A April 11, 2018

Why are we not updated on this? This IS annoying.

"Please remove this feature, or make it optional, with OFF by default. Thanks."

+1

Denise
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for your comments on this. We're now working on getting this removed in a future version of Trello.

I'll post an update once the change has been deployed. Thanks for your patience!

MNMax October 8, 2018

<deleted>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events