Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use butler rules with different power-ups

Marianela Barzuna July 13, 2020

Hi! I wanted to see if it was possible to add a butler rule to sort the cards using a field from another power up. I can do that with the custom fields, but I want to do it with the SmartFields power-up. I want the elements to be sorted taking into account the final value that the calculation gave me in Smart Fields. Have you encountered this? Is it possible? I have gone over all of the options in the butler, but I have not found a way to do it. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marianela Barzuna July 15, 2020

According to Trello support, there is no current integration between the butler and third-party power-ups 

0 votes
Vitaly Andrianov December 11, 2020

Hello Marianela,

Sorting of the cards in Trello’s lists according to Smart Fields values is now a native feature of Smart Fields Power-Up

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2020

@Marianela Barzuna  Worked with Typeform Power Up. While you can see the data from the survey, I struggled to find the data in the card even when I use API to extract card properties. In the case of Map Power up, I could see and change the data but the UI does not re-compute with the modified data. 

What I want is for the cards to rearrange themselves with the result, have you been able to do it with either option? 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2020

@Marianela Barzuna I have not tried to investigate specifically on SmartFields to see whether the data is visible. For Map I could see the location points. For Typeform I cannot find any of the data. Likewise for Contalist. These are Power Ups in which I tried to integrate further into my board e.g. for Contalist it was to use the customer email in Contalist and email templates, In Map it was to provide location points from external source like a telephone client and have Map Power Up show the map on the card (Map can only show maps if you physically enter from within the card.)

I will have to do similar investigation on SmartFields. In my opinion, I cannot image Butler is built to automate or use the new data propagated by 3rd party power ups ...note Map is by Trello

I will look into Map to see if it works for us. Thank you! 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2020

@Marianela Barzuna not sure this makes sense.

for card in client.get_board('5edb0ab215b0c2678d0ef302').all_cards():
if card.name == 'Superhero Power Card - API test':
print(card.plugin_data)

Got this

[{'id': '5f0d86fb2e8ffd15fe935fac', 'idPlugin': '5e2212c3ba57415ef2ef9352', 'scope': 'card', 'idModel': '5f03d6eab3ad416ff2b466cb', 'value': '{"__CFT_DATA__":{"12067":{"v":2468},"12068":{"v":1357},"12069":{"v":3825},"id":"5f03d6eab3ad416ff2b466cb","board_id":"5edb0ab215b0c2678d0ef302"}}', 'access': 'shared'}]

The {"v":2468} this associated with var 1 on the card

var2 is {"v":1357}

result is {"v":3825}

I did a simple sum on the var1 and var 2. What this means is I can see the data begin the card. By trial and error I can distinguish the variables. Have not figured out where are the definitions....the keys for these variables are 12067, 12068, 12069. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events