Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(I'm new!) Do I have to pay for a subscription for every admin I add to the workspace?

Mary McKinney March 4, 2024

I'm very new and trying to learn how to use the platform.  I was trying to add an employee as an admin to a workspace I created and it appeared I need to pay another premium charge to add her?  Did I see that correctly?

2 answers

1 vote
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2024

Welcome to the community @Mary McKinney !

I believe that was a mistake. Reference: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/adding-an-admin-to-a-workspace/

Summary:

All members of a Free Workspace are admins of the Workspace. However, Free Workspace admins are not given access to all boards in the Workspace. Individual boards must be managed by the board admins.

On Standard and Premium Workspaces, Workspace admins are also board admins on all boards in the Workspace, even private Workspace boards.

So there should be no charge.

Mary McKinney March 13, 2024

I was indeed charged an additional $120 when I added another user (after paying my own premium membership) I have tried to contact Trello about this and can’t get anyone to respond.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2024

@Mary McKinney you might be on a premium trial right now and it's letting you know you would have to pay for that member after a trial. As long as you have less than 10 people in a workspace, you won't need to pay for individual users, and even if you do have more than 10 people, if they're only on one board, you probably just need to pay for yourself. Just add the people who are only part of one board to that board specifically rather than as workspace members.

Mary McKinney March 13, 2024

I was indeed charged an additional $120 when I added another user (after paying my own premium membership) I have tried to contact Trello about this and can’t get anyone to respond

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2024

Sorry i think i might have been confused by your original question. If your workspace is a premium workspace (you upgraded it) and you paid for yourself in it, and then added another member to your workspace (not just a board in your workspace), then you would be charged for them. Because premium workspaces charge per each member in the workspace. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events