Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost the text in a checklist that is in a card. Is there some way to rewind the board to get it?

Lewis Erskine
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2020

This morning I made a card (on my iPad, running latest iOS Trello). In the card I made a Checklist. When I last added an item there were four items. When I returned to the card (on my iPhone SE) the Checklist said “0/4” but there were no items in the Checklist.

I assume it was a sync issue but I need those items. I don’t remember them all.

Is there anything I can do to get them back? Some apps (e.g. Google Sheets) keep a running version history. Does Trello do that? I was confused about what was happening when I first realized this and made a second checklist, but it has no items.

I have looked for ways to move backward in time through the sync history but could not find a way. I searched for words I could remember but “no cards” contained them. (I admit, I still have trouble finding the controls with this app, trouble finding the switch I want to flip.)

Can you help me?

Thank you.

[to the right it says “include relevant screenshots” and I would like to, but I see no way to attach a screenshot on this webpage.]

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2020

I always make backup copies of the boards, just call them BAK with date and then board name.

Then, if there is an issue, I can go to a card and copy it over, or substitute the full board if somebody has been naughty.

0 votes
Lewis Erskine
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2020

I closed the app. Flipped the ‘clear cache’ switch, in iOS Settings. Reopened and all was well.

PHew!

Andrea Perrett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 22, 2021

This worked for me too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events