Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't afford to pay for additional users, but I need the trello paid features.

Caryn Morgan July 31, 2023

I keep getting billed for additional users and I am a single business owner with only one user...me.    I can't afford the billings and I had no idea that Trello would just automatically bill me.  I paid for annual paid services and it is not cool to be surprise billed.    I need some of the paid features but I don't want to get surprises.  Why can't the company provide reasonable expectations and make it clear what will create new bills. 

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2023

Hi Caryn,

This is something that surprises a lot of people.

Trello Standard and Premium are charged per-user and Trello have in place measures in place to help prevent people being surprise.  For example, if you take out a premium subscription it shows you how many multiples of subscription cost.  If you add a user, it pops up a warning if they are on more than 1 board that they will be charged.

What is billable in Trello?

To get premium features, you need a minimum of 1 premium workspace member

Workspace members - These people have access to the workspace and all boards set to workspace visible.  These are billable

Multi-board guests - These people are on more than 1 board in the workspace.  They can't see all workspace visible boards, just the boards they are on.  These are billable at the same rate as workspace guests

Single-board guests - These people are only on 1 board in the workspace.  These are NOT BILLABLE

You can see how many workspace members, multi-board guests and single-board guests by going to the workspace members page.  If you have mult-board guests, you can click on their name and see the boards they are members of and remove them from any that don't need to be on...

Screenshot 2023-07-27 113041.png

You can structure your workspace to exploit the single board guests and keep costs down.

These links give you more information

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/how-billing-works-with-trello-premium-and-standard/ 

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/board-guests/#Workspace-membership-request 

Caryn Morgan August 3, 2023

"If you add a user, it pops up a warning if they are on more than 1 board that they will be charged."  I saw no such thing.  I have a client that spans multiple projects but they are not my user. 

This pricing model is not tenable for independent consultants with many projects.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events