Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use start date in the past to trigger action?

Robert Lieck August 5, 2021

If a card with start date today or in the past is added to list A I want to move it to list B. I am trying to trigger this with "when a card starting in less than 1 days is added to list A", but this does not work. In fact, "less than" does not seem to work if the value to compare to (difference between today and start date) is negative. Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Lieck August 17, 2021

Update: I contacted the support and this isn't currently implemented in Butler. It might be possible to work around it by using custom fields (that could be synced with due/start dates). Custom field triggers allow for checking date fields for hours https://share.getcloudapp.com/RBuLd4xy which (according to the support) should also work for dates in the past. They said they created an internal feature request for having this fixed for due/start date filters, so things might work as expected some time in the future.

0 votes
John Dunlea
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2022

This is actually quite disappointing that this is not a feature. 

I want to create a board button what basically moves any non-completed card with a start date of "today" or some other date in the past, into a new list. 

I guess I can do this if I religiously come in each day and hit the button and move any card with a start date of TODAY. But if I miss a day or two, I want the button to be able to pull in not only the cards that are starting today, but also any non-completed cards which have had a start date of a few days ago. 

Good to know that you guys put in a ticket for this as a future request. 

0 votes
Trasom Admin August 5, 2021

I have tried the same a few months ago, couldn't get it to work. I wanted to have cards with a past due date to be moved to other lists, and when I realized Trello didn't check the due date automatically, I created a board button that would move the cards from one list to another, and then back, sort of forcing Trello to check on the cards. Still didn't work.

Robert Lieck August 7, 2021

Thanks, this is good to know. I've send a request to the Trello support, let's see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events