Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use bulter to "create a card" when a trigger is fired.

Brandi Mahon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2020

So I have several different lists on a board.  I want to create a rule that when a card is added to a specific list, then another card is created in a different list, and a specific check list is added to the new card.

I currently only have the free version of trello, but am willing to power up or purchase the paid version if this is something I can do.

Brandi

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2020

Hi @Brandi Mahon 

The good news is that yes, this is possible with Butler, although in a sort of roundabout way!

There isn't a way to add a completely new card, so you would have to create a copy and deal with the copy.

This is the rule that I would put into place if I wanted to have this automation set up:

Screenshot 2020-01-05 at 18.04.34.pngObviously, my lists and checklist names are going to be different to yours, but that's how I would do it.

I hope this is helpful, let me know if I can do anything else!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events