Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to submit a card without starting another one?

Gary Oberbrunner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 21, 2018

I often want to create a card and add myself to it. So I click Add Card, start typing the text, and hit Enter. That submits the card, but it also starts another card -- so I can't use "space" to add myself because the new card is focused. I have to X out of that (with the mouse), then at that point since I have my hand on the mouse I drag my icon to the card I just created. It's not terrible, but there's got to be a better way.

So my question is this: Is there any way to submit a card without starting a new card, leaving the focus on the board as a whole so kbd shortcuts work?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2018

@Gary Oberbrunner 2 options:

1) After hitting enter, you can hit escape instead of using the mouse then hit spacebar to add yourself as a member

2) When you add the card you can hold shift and hit enter to add the card and open it right away, then space bar to add yourself and escape to close the card

Here's a brief screen recording showing these two options:

https://www.useloom.com/share/1a1d14cf5b274698a605da56d539e53a

Gary Oberbrunner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 23, 2018

Thanks Iain; that does seem like the best plan -- enter+escape+space for each card. I wish there were a better shortcut, like Ctrl-Enter to create the card and go back to the default overall focus, but this is useful to me. (I create a lot of cards, and 95% don't ever need to get opened, so I'll use your first technique.)

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events