Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop emails when added to a trello board?

Melanie Stokes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2018
My Coworkers and I use trello to keep track of who does what tasks for the day. Recently Trello has been sending out and email every time someone is added to a board on trello. For us if you are working you automatically go look at that board and it's unnecessarily cluttering everyone's email. We each get seven to ten emails stating you've been added to a board. I've tried taking notifications off and switch trellises to dont sent me and email for any reason yet this did not fix the problem. I'm sure there is some simple answer that I am missing. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch.

1 answer

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2019

Hi Melanie, here is a great article for notifications and how you can tailor your notifications to frequency and feature:

You can change how often you get notification emails in your Account page. You can also set your notification email preferences by clicking the Notifications button in the header and selecting "Change Notification Email Frequency". Options are "Never", "Periodically", and "Instantly." "Instantly" is the default and any unread notifications in Trello are emailed out as soon as possible.

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

Hope this helps.

Jodi

Milt Michael
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 10, 2021

I am trying to get my emplyees to use Trello. I don't want to bombard them with emails every time I do anything. Can I change this at my end?

Like Lucas Theillet likes this
Lucas Theillet
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 2, 2022

This. It should be an option on the workspace level to toggle notifications for everyone.

Like # people like this
vietstone-ng
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 20, 2023

Yes, we need to turn off email notification on a workspace or board. Can't believe this is not available.

Like DaveBoltman likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events