Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move all cards to from one list to top of another list?

santhoshsram June 15, 2020

I'm trying to move all cards from one list (let's say src-list) to the top of another list (let's say dst-list). There is the "Move all cards in this list..." action, but it always moves the cards to the bottom of dst-list. I would like to move all cards in src-list to the to top of the dst-list?

How do I do this, short of manually moving each card one by one? I tried to setup a butler board button for this, but even there this is not possible (I can only move all cards from one list to the bottom of another list).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2020

Hi @santhoshsram 

this is really random, but move all the cards in the dst list to the src list - that’ll put them in the right order, then move the whole list back?

or am I thinking too laterally/literally?!

sorry if it’s a naff suggestion (eating home made burgers!!) so my brain might not be 100% with it (because they’re soooooo good!)

Esme :)

santhoshsram June 16, 2020

Haa! That's actually a nifty solution. Thinking out of the 'board' :). It should work, let me give it a try.

Trello should have this capability built in, by the way.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

Actually, now I'm not eating burgers, you could do this with Butler and a Board Button (sorry about my reply last night, but those burgers were amazing!):

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 10.13.27.pngScreenshot 2020-06-16 at 10.13.36.pngScreenshot 2020-06-16 at 10.13.45.png

That would mean that in 1 click, all the cards from one list would be added to the top of the other.

Sorry I didn't think of it last night!

Esme :)

santhoshsram June 16, 2020

This is perfect. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much, Esme.

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2020

You are most welcome @santhoshsram 

Have an awesome day :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events