Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display age of the card in days in Jira software?

Sathish Sankara chinthamony February 1, 2022

In the sprint scrum board, how to set-it up to disply actual days instead of heat line dots.

Right now it shows as dotted heat line

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2022

Update on 2022-02-03: I answered the question without realizing that this is a Trello question. My answer below suggests a solution for Jira.

Hello @Sathish Sankara chinthamony ,

Jira does not offer a way to change that behavior. The dotted heat line is all there is about it. You can turn it on/off, that's all.

I know you are looking for a solution that will show the value on the Agile Board but I can recommend our app Time in Status that might help you. It is available for Jira Server, Cloud, and Data Center. 

Time in Status basically allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status and on each assignee. 

tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_with Estimates.png  tisCloud_AssigneeDuration.png 

Time in Status reports can be accessed through its own reporting page, dashboard gadgets, and issue view screen tabs. All these options can provide both calculated data tables and charts. Currently, there is no UI element for agile boards but especially Issue View screen tabs might be helpful to you.

The app has Consolidated Columns feature. This feature allows you to combine the duration for multiple statuses into a single column and exclude unwanted ones. It is the most flexible way to get any measurement you might want. Measurements like Issue Age, Cycle Time, Lead Time, Resolution Time etc.

For all numeric report types, you can calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by the issue fields you select. For example total in-progress time per customer (organization) or average resolution time per week, month, issuetype, request type, etc. The ability to group by parts of dates (year, month, week, day, hour) is particularly useful here since it allows you to compare different time periods or see the trend.

tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_Average_TimeGrouped.png

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well. It supports both Company Managed and Team Managed projects.

And the app has a REST API so you can get the reports from Jira UI or via REST.

Gadget_AverageStatusDurationByComponent.png  tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_Chart.png

Using Time in Status you can:

• See how much time each issue spent on each status, assignee, user group and also see dates of status transitions.
  • Calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example, see average InProgress time per project and per issue type.)
  • Export your data as XLS, XLSX, or CSV.
  • Access data via REST API. (for integrations)
  • Visualize data with various chart types.
  • See Time in Status reports on Jira Dashboard gadgets

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211756/

EmreT

Sathish Sankara chinthamony February 2, 2022

Thank you Emre for the detailed answer.

I am going to try this and have a calculated field for the days.

Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2022

I am really sorry, didn't see that youe question was for Trello.

My answer covers Jira so my suggestion can't help with your case.

Once again, sorry.

Sathish Sankara chinthamony February 3, 2022

Hi Emre,

My question was only for JIra, i am sorry, i didn't make it clear in my question.

Thanks for your response again,

Regards,

Sathish

0 votes
Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
February 2, 2022
Sathish Sankara chinthamony February 2, 2022

Thank you, Robin,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events