Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create one record with two due dates displayed on calendar?

MIKHAIL LIBERMAN
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2019

I have a project to be executed on a certain day - this is my due day field, it is displayed on calendar.  I have a preparation process, so I have due day for the next step in preparation.  I can add custom field of the Date type, but it is not displayed on the calendar. 

How to get the second date on the calendar?

Thank you! 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2019

@MIKHAIL LIBERMAN the only things that will show up in the calendar are due dates attached to cards. If you want several items in the calendar leading up to a single delivery date, then you could create those as separate cards, each with their own due date.

You can use Butler to automatically link to those cards from a checklist on the master like this:

When a card is moved to "Create subtasks" convert checklist "Subtasks" into linked cards in list "{triggercardname} tasks"

You can then set due dates on individual cards, and a due date on the master.

You can check items off from the master each time one of the subtasks is archived with another Butler command:

When a card is archived find the first card linked in the attachments and check item "{triggercardlink}"

I wrote an article recently describing how to achieve something similar in Trellinator:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Trellinator/ba-p/1020531

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events