Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Time from Card Due Date?

Katie Merritt September 15, 2020

Forcing the use of a due time, not just date on cards is causing confusion for my team and clients. 

Certain events are just date, not time specific.

Classic Example. A contractor commits to a site visit for a bid on 9/16. Half the time, they don't/won't/can't commit to a specific time and agree to call the homeowner enroute.

All is communicated, everyone happy until the clients checks their Trullo board and sees a time assigned and then it goes off the rails. 

I haven't seen this problem addressed since 2018. Am I alone on this? Anyone have a work around?

Thanks much!

4 answers

2 votes
Tracy Ellis July 26, 2021

Hoping there's an update on this coming soon - can someone from Atlassian answer? Insisting on a due time is something that causes confusion around the flow of work and some consternation in my workplace from those who are more naturally affected by the visual, colour-coded cues the due time shows when passed. The automatic 'due time' feature, that seemingly cannot be removed, causes cards to read as 'overdue' when they are not or to mis-align with actual due times unless they are manually updated, as the time is auto-applied. It's a real stumbling block in an otherwise elegant system. I have succumbed to cumbersome workarounds that basically mean everyone is now instructed to ignore the time and put it in the card heading if and when it is needed, rather than use this function, but this somewhat defeats the purpose of the boards, which is to help teams track, prioritise and manage workflow. I see there are messages dating back to 2018 about this issue. Would appreciate knowing an upgrade is coming.

0 votes
Martin Hjorth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2024

This been an issue and debate since 2018. 2024 today. How do I remove the time from "Due Date" on a card? 

No response or development.. Only to use Asana in stead ;)

0 votes
Masten Framing August 7, 2023

I don't have an answer yet as of Aug 7, 2023 

I would love to be able to remove the time stamp!

It must be so deeply imbedded in the programming that no one wants to fiddle with it. 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

@Katie Merritt you could set all your times to midnight, then your client will probably assume that you aren't going to arrive at midnight.

You could also add a label "Time to be Confirmed" or "Calling on Approach".

Or you could call the card "Confirm time for Site Visit Today" and set the due time to 9am.

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

Thats what I do, 23:59 on that day ... seeing as I do a lot of my work at night and well, if I said I would send it on that date, does give me the whole of the day (and evening).

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

Or 0:01 if its stuff coming to you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events