It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to Remove Time from Card Due Date?

Forcing the use of a due time, not just date on cards is causing confusion for my team and clients. 

Certain events are just date, not time specific.

Classic Example. A contractor commits to a site visit for a bid on 9/16. Half the time, they don't/won't/can't commit to a specific time and agree to call the homeowner enroute.

All is communicated, everyone happy until the clients checks their Trullo board and sees a time assigned and then it goes off the rails. 

I haven't seen this problem addressed since 2018. Am I alone on this? Anyone have a work around?

Thanks much!

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 15, 2020

@Katie Merritt you could set all your times to midnight, then your client will probably assume that you aren't going to arrive at midnight.

You could also add a label "Time to be Confirmed" or "Calling on Approach".

Or you could call the card "Confirm time for Site Visit Today" and set the due time to 9am.

Thats what I do, 23:59 on that day ... seeing as I do a lot of my work at night and well, if I said I would send it on that date, does give me the whole of the day (and evening).

Or 0:01 if its stuff coming to you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,627 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you