Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you append to a card's description using Zapier instead of replacing the entire description?

ac February 2, 2021

Hi! In Zapier, I can "update a Trello card" with the submission of a Google form, but it always replaces the Trello card's entire description - I want to append each Google form submission to the end of the card description with a line break. Does anyone know if what I want to do can be done using Zapier, or with the Trello native rules automation?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2021

@ac 

Would imagine that it can be done because in a recent demo, I had a card button to serve as  submit report action to add to the description of another card with timestamp ... etc. It is just a trigger and find scenario. 

ac February 3, 2021

I'm so glad that you witnessed it happen! I just can't find the scenario that applies to it. I can only seem to replace the description, not add to it :(

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 7.07.37 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-02-04 at 7.04.57 AM.jpg

Above shows parts of the zap and the card showing the append.

Like ac likes this
ac February 3, 2021

wow, thank you! it seems so obvious in retrospect that I should have just pasted the current description and THEN appended the new thing, sigh :) You're the MVP :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events