Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I trigger Trello App on Slack with Butler

I want to use the commands listed at the bottom with this by using a card button to send a message like "/trello [{triggercardlink}]" but it's not working. When I type this in on my own it works great, but when I use butler to send the message, it doesn't work.

I want to do this so my team can  Do any of you know how to trigger Slack's Trello app with the butler app? Thanks so much.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 30, 2021

@Raegan Fordemwalt does the message arrive in slack at all? What does it look like when it arrives?

It just looks like the plain text "/trello [trello.com/urlexample]" like so. When I type in the same thing, it triggers on slack, but not if I make it an automation from Butler.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,304 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you