Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the app to show updates on the home screen? Get rid of random notification?

AGiddins August 21, 2020

I am having three issues with the app: 

1. I have a random notification red dot with (1) - I have cleared everything - it stays there - what do I do? 
  2. I am not getting updates on my home screen unless I delete the app and download it again - but then they subsequently don't show up again when I go back. What do I do?
  3. No notifications are being received when the team makes an update to the boards. What do I do? 

What have I done? 

• I have cleared Cache in the app through iOS settings
  • I have deleted the app multiple times
  • I have logged out recently and that did not fix the issues

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

@AGiddins 

1. This notification issue is a bug they're pushing a fix for, they're aware of it

2. What OS are you using here, iOS or Android? What do you mean by "Updates on my home screen"?

3. You only receive notifications when you're watching something, are you watching those boards?

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

AGiddins August 21, 2020

1. Good, glad they are aware of it. 

2. Using iOS 13.6.1 iPhone 11 Pro Max. By updates on the home tab, I mean when I go to the Home tab for updates on all of the boards - there are no updates there for me to review. It is empty. Just the dog character - but no updates.

3. I am watching everything across the board - no notifications.  

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

@AGiddins 

2. Okay so the home screen of the Trello app (was wondering if you meant your phone's home screen). There's also a Home screen in the web app, can you see stuff there?

3. Have you enabled notifications in Trello? Also, when you go to the web app or desktop app, can you see notifications there when your team makes changes in the "bell" menu in the top right?

AGiddins August 22, 2020

2. Yes, I can see the updates within the Trello web app home screen. They are not there with mobile applications on iPhone and iPad. Very weird. And the only way that I can get those updates on mobile is to logout and delete the application. 

3. Yes, notifications are both enabled on iPhone and iPad. 

AGiddins August 22, 2020

But I am not getting any notifications at this time. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2020

@AGiddins okay I'm not sure what it could be, I would suggest going to trello.com/contact and submitting your question to Trello support directly rather than to the community.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events