How do I get properly set up as a team member? I am locked out now for trying.

Whitney Nelson March 1, 2019

We've had this issue for a long time and I chose to ignore it because I thought we had a work around but that's not really working any longer.
I have already sent in a help desk request to ya'll this past week, but haven't seen a response and now sending another because I'm now locked out of the system and I believe my partner is as well because of my trying to "remedy" the issue. She set Trello up initially, and maybe didn't invite me into the team properly because I've always had to use her login, rather than my own email. I remember there was a glitch with that early on but can't recall what and it's getting super confusing because we are now a team of 3 trying to send each other messages on the boards and if I send something, it looks like it's coming from my partner Cassie (because I'm logged in as her).
I am already in the system, have cards, respond to cards, get emails from those cards, etc. But somehow I wasn't added properly initially. Today I went into her profile and added myself as a team member and admin. Then, I tried to log in with my email, which it wouldn't allow, so I hit "forgot password" and it let me create a new one. But, when I went to use it, it locked me out and when I went back and tried to use Cassie's, I'm locked out and I'm guessing she is as well. :(
Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

2 answers

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2019

Hey @Whitney Nelson 

I double-checked for any emails from you and I see that my teammate Chris has been helping you with this.

Is there anything else we can assist you with here?

Thanks for jumping in as well @carolyn french 

Cheers!

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2019

Hi Whitney and welcome to Community!

I'm not sure I understand completely the whole scenario, but I've found support@trello.com to be very responsive. Is that the Help Desk that you've contacted?

Definitely best practice is to always have separate accounts. I've also found that I accidentally invited another account with the same name, so make sure you are typing in their email address to invite them (or yourself).

Lastly, I saw that there was an incident recently where users are disconnected from boards, although I don't think that is necessarily what you are seeing.

https://trello.status.atlassian.com/incidents/jrzc0xjjqyh2

Best,

Carolyn

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events