Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i allow team members to edit team wide butler command.

dylan.anson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2020

I have created a butler board button for my teams board. One of my team members who uses this board more than i do wishes to edit the button but i am the only one who can edit it. Is there anyway I can give my teammate permission to edit this button command? Currently our team is on the free version so the limit of buttons on the board is one, thus simply duplicating it is not an option.

2 answers

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2020

Hi @dylan.anson 

Welcome to the Community!

I've had this situation before, where I needed someone else to be able to edit a button because they used it more than me!

The simple answer is for them to have 2 Chrome browser windows open next to each other (or whichever is your browser of choice), one with your existing configuration open and another on their 'Create Button' screen and copy it exactly as it appears in your version and save it as their own button. They could even call the button their own name, and you could change yours to your name, so that you can tell the two apart - don't forget you can use emoji's to spice up your buttons!

They will then have their own version (as they use it more than you) and you can decide if you want to either delete your version, disable it (so you don't do the same things twice) or just leave it running! 

Unfortunately, that's the only way. I know you said that duplication wasn't an option, but it's the only one I'm afraid.

Esme :)

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2020

Hi @dylan.anson ,

Welcome to the community!

Basically in this situation, you have to upgrade your team to a Business plan!

https://www.trello.com/pricing

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events