Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I turn off butler automations temporarily (vacation/etc.)?

Mary Spite October 4, 2021

Is there an easy way (other than going into each board, and individually turning off each automation) to temporarily stop automation commands from occurring for vacations/etc.?

2 answers

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

@Mary Spite i can't think of a way to achieve this off the top of my head. Can you explain more about your use case? I know you mentioned vacations, but what kind of automation would you want paused while you're on vacation? I'm imagining I would want all of those things still to be happening, I just wouldn't be paying attention to them until they get back. 

Something that I could see being useful is if you have like a "create daily" card of daily tasks you want to do. For this, I created a my daily cards to set a due date for end of the day, and then when there is an overdue card, it just checks it off and moves it to done. This way if I don't check Trello for a week, I don't come back to 7 daily cards sitting in my to do list. Hope that helps!

1 vote
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2021

Hi @Mary Spite 👋

Welcome to the Community! I've just taken a look into this however I can't find anything to suggest there is a feature for this. Something similar has previously been asked back in August but with no concrete solution, you can take a look here.

I would say that as this is not a visible feature it would definitely be an awesome feature to have. To get this request to the right people I'd recommend reading Trello's guide on how to submit a feature request here >> https://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events