Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transfer a card from one board to another without it deleting the card history?

Troy Evans
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 7, 2017

Currently, if I transfer a card from one board to another, the "Activity" list is empty after the transfer. Google searches for how to remedy this just bring up people who are _trying_ to to delete the card history. I'm trying to NOT delete the card history.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2017

Hey Troy

It's actually not possible to keep the activity history when moving a card between boards, unfortunately.  

A workaround would be to capture a screenshot of the activity list within the card and add that image to your card once it's moved to the new board. Or even do a text copy/paste into comments for the same.

Trello support does keep an eye on this forum for enhancement ideas, but it might be best for you to submit a feature request to them by sending an email to feature-ideas@trello.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events