Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I copy a trello board with checklist connected cards to a new board?

Ivan Sabo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2019

I created a board - a template with one card linking from its checklists to the individual cards on that board. However, when I copy the board all the cards are linked back to the original board's cards instead of the ones on the newly created board. Is there a chance to do this in such a way that new relations are created along with the board copy?

1 answer

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2019

Hey @Ivan Sabo 

Right now, I'm afraid those cards won't automatically update their links when copied like that. I'll definitely let our team know you'd like to see that functionality added in the future though.

Thanks!

Deleted user August 26, 2020

Has any solution been provided for this issue? I have a similar template with a checklist to linked cards. Creating a template for a team to use where they have to manually update each of the linked cards after they create a board from the template makes using templates a non-starter. I had considered this basic functionality that is simply missing and for me it means that Trello is not a solution that I can use. I think more companies and organisations who are looking at Trello as a potential tool for teams need to be aware of this issue because it basically kills Trello as an option for teams where you want to standardise approaches etc. Trello might work fine for individuals, but lacking this basic functionality effectively rules it out as an organisational solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events