Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I automatically assign all the cards own by a team member to a different one?

Marilu Najera
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 31, 2023

We have multiple Trello cards on different boards, all assigned to a specific member who is no longer working, so we want to assign all her Trello cards to another team member. Is there an easy way to automatically assign them to a new owner?

We have a premium account.

2 answers

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2023

@Marilu Najera You might also want to check out the Bulk Actions Power-Up. It's meant specifically for doing things like this! There is a free plan, but it has a limited amount of bulk actions you can do, though it might be enough depending on how many cards you have! It's also very affordable (i think as little as $1 board) if you do need the premium version.

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2023

This could be done by an automation but it would have to be done on a board by board basis.

1. You create an automation button, I'll call it Reassign User
    "Move each card assigned to member @[old member] to list "Temp"
  2. Create an automation
    "When a card is added to list "Temp", remove the member @[old member] from the card, add the member @[new member] to the card and move the card to list {cardpreviouslistname}

Once it is done, you can remove the automations and also the Temp list!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events