How can I assign a checklist to more than one person?

shivkrathi January 30, 2022

How can I assign a checklist to more than one person?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2022

Hi @shivkrathi, welcome to the community!

Based on the documentation, I believe that's not possible. Since you're assigning the task to someone, it's the best practice to have only one person accountable for that item. The workaround will be creating a separate checklist item if that's the case.

"Why can’t I assign more than one person to a checklist item? You can only assign one person to an advanced checklist item. Advanced checklists are more about accountability and finer granularity. If multiple people are assigned, there’s less accountability and more confusion about who’s supposed to be doing what. If more than one person need to do a particular task we suggest creating separate checklist items for each individual. That way, every person will see the task in ‘Your Items’ and can mark their contributions complete when they’re done!"

Source:https://help.trello.com/article/942-how-to-use-advanced-checklists-to-set-due-dates-and-add-members-to-checklist-items

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Melo

1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2022

@shivkrathi 

The advanced checklist limits you to one person per item. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events