cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph to Reach Goal Number

Catherine Ross
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 9, 2022

Hi! I want to display a countdown/up to reach a goal number. Something similar to a fundraising thermometer graph where you can see how much you've raised and how much is left to go. I can't find anything like this so far. 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2022

Hi @Catherine Ross ! Welcome to the community :) are you able to expand a bit on what you're wanting to report on? Is the data you're tracking based on the number of cards in your board, or is it based off something else like custom field data? 

Maybe an OKR tracker like this could work? https://screenful.com/okr-cards-for-trello

Or, you have Dashcards which can count cards in your board and also tally up custom field data - e.g. tracking how much revenue you've closed vs how much is left.

Catherine Ross
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 9, 2022

Hi @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows

Thanks so much for your response! I looked at OKR cards but this wasn't quite what I was envisioning. For some additional detail, we are completing 60 surveys for a research project. I would like to be able to update where we are in meeting that goal (i.e. 40 of 60 completed) and have that visually displayed on the card, like a sticker or a cover image. 

Thank you so much!

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2022

@Catherine Ross how are you tracking the number of completed surveys? Does a card represent a survey, so you're reporting on the number of completed surveys based on how many cards are completed? 

If you're not using cards to track completed surveys, you could use custom fields to track that data. One example is to create 3 numerical custom fields:

1. Goal
2. Current amount
3. Progress %

Then, create a basic percentage calculation using the goal number and the current amount number to populate the "Progress %" complete field (more details on calculating custom fields here under custom field arithmetic.)

calculated custom fields.PNG 

You can then use Dashcards to create a visual representation of the progress - so something like this:

goal progress.PNG

Happy to help get that set up if you need! Might be easier to chat over email or screen share (you can email me at hannah@simplaworkflows.com).

If you need something a bit more sophisticated than that, there are quite a few reporting power-ups, so there might be one in there where you're able to track progress against a goal.

Karissa Basse
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 27, 2023

I'd also be interested in a power up to be added to a card to auto update percent complete 25/100 or 50/100 with some sort of bar or thermometer. Very similar to how checklists present, but on the front of the card.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events