Filtering custom fields

Deleted user October 28, 2021

Hello, I've added some custom forms using Trellos in-built ones, and have also added the Power Up CRMble - I'm trying to work out what is best at the moment. My issue is I can't seem to find a way to filter Trello's custom fields, so that you can show only Cards with a certain dropdown selected, for example.
I'm not sure if filtering is even possible in CRMble (other than by stage) but I need to be able to export all data and when you export CRMble, you only seem to get the CRMble data, and when you export Trello data, it seems to ignore CRMble stuff!
I might be mistaken on some of this - I'm fairly new to using Trello and everything, still in the trial. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2021

@[deleted] 

Although both use the term custom fields, they are not the same. CRMBLE CF is maintained with the Power Up while the custom fields that we are all familiar with is based on a set of definitions maintained at the board level. The standard export can only export the Trello CFs, it will not have access to the CRMBLE custom fields. This is my understanding. 

Thank you @milynnus that's what I was suspecting. Okeydoke.. hmm 🤔 I guess CRMble isn't going to work for us then, but it's whether or not you can filter Trello's custom fields. 

Sarah Smallwood October 28, 2021

have you found a way to filter by trello custom fields?

not yet no

Deleted user October 29, 2021

@Sarah Smallwood Trello support suggested a way but it was only able to filter by a limited number of fields, not custom ones. I found a Power Up called 'Advanced Search' which does what I need but it's a paid thing, bit of a shame Trello itself doesn't have the functionality!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events