Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Prefilling

Seth J Proctor December 7, 2020

Consistently my email address is prepopulating custom fields when I edit cards. This creates all sorts of problems, as you can imagine, especially when the field is supposed to be number for Zapier to push into another app! This behaviour affects all Trello boards and is very insistent. So, if you enter (say) 0.75 and, say, mark the card as done, the number is replaced by the email address. Urgh. Any ideas of why and how to stop this??

Screenshot 2020-12-07 at 10.33 am.png

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2020

I would guess a browser extension (or the browser itself) is doing this.  For example, a password manager set up to auto fill form fields? 

0 votes
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 7, 2020

Hey @Seth J Proctor 

This sounds like a Butler automation is set up to edit this field when you mark the card as "done". 

Have a look at the enabled Butler Commands by going 

Show Menu -> Butler (button at the top of your board) -> Rules (can filter for "Enabled").

See if there is a Butler command set up causing the behaviour you described. 

If you don't see anything, potentially someone else has set it up if you share that board with other people. Maybe ask them if they have.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events