Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Field Prefilling

Consistently my email address is prepopulating custom fields when I edit cards. This creates all sorts of problems, as you can imagine, especially when the field is supposed to be number for Zapier to push into another app! This behaviour affects all Trello boards and is very insistent. So, if you enter (say) 0.75 and, say, mark the card as done, the number is replaced by the email address. Urgh. Any ideas of why and how to stop this??

Screenshot 2020-12-07 at 10.33 am.png

2 answers

0 votes

I would guess a browser extension (or the browser itself) is doing this.  For example, a password manager set up to auto fill form fields? 

0 votes

Hey @Seth J Proctor 

This sounds like a Butler automation is set up to edit this field when you mark the card as "done". 

Have a look at the enabled Butler Commands by going 

Show Menu -> Butler (button at the top of your board) -> Rules (can filter for "Enabled").

See if there is a Butler command set up causing the behaviour you described. 

If you don't see anything, potentially someone else has set it up if you share that board with other people. Maybe ask them if they have.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

371 views 14 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you