Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request (?) : A separate bullet point element

Eero February 23, 2021

Is there any way to create a separate bullet point list element using the current power-ups available?

It would be something like the Checklist element, but without checkboxes, and with an ability to create draggable list items and sub-items. 

I don't want to use the checklist element for lists like this, because the list items appear as "undone tasks" on the card front. Furthermore, I feel that creating a list in the description field is a very inefficient and clumsy way to create and organize lists. I want a list that can be easily organized, copied to other cards, have sub-items and so on. This is useful for countless purposes.

I have been hoping to get this for years, and I even suggested it to Trello team a long time ago, but apparently, the idea was not interesting or useful enough. 

What do you think? Do you need something like this?

See attached image.

trello-suggestion.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Eero March 4, 2021

Thank you, Cody! I hope something like this could be implemented in the future. The checklist is closer to a perfect system, but the markdown version is far from great in terms of usability.

I wonder how easy it would be to create something like this as a power-up. I need to investigate. 

0 votes
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2021

I did a bit of searching, but I wasn't able to find an alternative through the available Power-Ups. I can definitely see how this would be useful - particularly sub-lists. My hunch is that the checklists and markdown formatting in the description suits most people's use, but I definitely hear where you're coming from!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events