Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed a board in my web portal so my customers can follow their project status seamlessy?

Eric Tremblay April 4, 2019

We offer professional services to our customers, and I'd like to have 1 board set up for each of our customers so that they can independently follow the progress of their projects with us.

But we already have a web portal where our customers log in to see invoices, services, etc. So I do not want to have to create Trello accounts for all my customers and their contacts and send them to trello.com; I want to keep them in my own portal and keep it seemless.

Is it possible for me to show a read-only view of their board from inside my web portal, without needing the customer to create a Trello account to view the content? I'm thinking like https://trello.com/b/tBmYPSYe/us-national-parks, but also limit each customer to be able to only view their associated board (for privacy concern) instead of having it public to anyone.

Thanks
Eric

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

@Eric Tremblay the only way for someone to view a Trello board without having a Trello membership is if the board is public. You would have to extract the information from the API and present it some other way.

For example, you could put the information into a Google Sheet and then embed the Google Sheet into your application.

Eric Tremblay April 5, 2019

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate it! :)

I understand. Yeah we can cook up something with the API but I would have wanted to leverage the Trello UI instead of having to generate a new one with the API data. 

Oh well! 

Have a nice day!

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2019

@Eric TremblayI'm working on a solution for this.  Care to talk to me about your specific use case?  You can contact me through the link in my profile.

Eric Tremblay April 8, 2019

Sure, I'll do that! Thanks for your interest.

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2019

Thanks, Eric.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events