It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Embed a board in my web portal so my customers can follow their project status seamlessy? Edited

We offer professional services to our customers, and I'd like to have 1 board set up for each of our customers so that they can independently follow the progress of their projects with us.

But we already have a web portal where our customers log in to see invoices, services, etc. So I do not want to have to create Trello accounts for all my customers and their contacts and send them to trello.com; I want to keep them in my own portal and keep it seemless.

Is it possible for me to show a read-only view of their board from inside my web portal, without needing the customer to create a Trello account to view the content? I'm thinking like https://trello.com/b/tBmYPSYe/us-national-parks, but also limit each customer to be able to only view their associated board (for privacy concern) instead of having it public to anyone.

Thanks
Eric

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Apr 04, 2019

@Eric Tremblay the only way for someone to view a Trello board without having a Trello membership is if the board is public. You would have to extract the information from the API and present it some other way.

For example, you could put the information into a Google Sheet and then embed the Google Sheet into your application.

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate it! :)

I understand. Yeah we can cook up something with the API but I would have wanted to leverage the Trello UI instead of having to generate a new one with the API data. 

Oh well! 

Have a nice day!

0 votes
marc Community Leader Apr 05, 2019

@Eric TremblayI'm working on a solution for this.  Care to talk to me about your specific use case?  You can contact me through the link in my profile.

Sure, I'll do that! Thanks for your interest.

marc Community Leader Apr 08, 2019

Thanks, Eric.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,492 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you