Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email replies creating new cards

Nic Mather January 24, 2022

We use Sendboard and just recently it has changed where a customer replies to an existing card, if it is not in the same board where our emails come in from Sendboard, it creates a brand new card with a new reference number. We are having to merge the cards all the time even though the subject header etc is the same.

This did not use to be a problem. 

I am not sure what setting has been changed to create this as we have not changed our automations etc.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2022

Hey @Nic Mather 

Nathan here from Trello Support

The Email for Trello Power-Up by Sendboard isn't managed by us so we're not able to assist with any issues with it.

I'd recommend reaching out to Sendboard directly to get them to look into this, you can contact them by clicking on the Contact Support button on the power-up page - https://trello.com/power-ups/5d4c0b80452f202510cce4cc/email-for-trello

0 votes
Dawn Bernstein August 4, 2022

did you ever get this resolved? i would actually love to use email for trello, but the other boards in my workspace do not want to participate.... so it seems your solution, whatever it was, might help me as well. i have 3 personal boards in the workspace i would like to send and receive emails from... I don't want them to create duplicate cards in other boards.... ive already made everyone mad enough by including the CARD email link in emails to clients so when clients emailed back the whole thread would come and any images as well.... do not want to repeat that kind of experience lol

Nic Mather August 8, 2022

Hi Dawn,

The issue was that you have to have a subscription on EACH BOARD and then I set a rule to bring it back into the main board or a main folder in each board when there is a reply. This is done in Automations. 

"when a comment starting with "📩 [Email]" is posted to a card in list [LIST] by anyone except @[user], move the card to the top of list [LIST YOU WANT ACTIVE EMAILS]"

You have to do this for each user.

Sendboard have been really helpful.

You also need to verify the DNS settings etc too to have it come from your own email.

0 votes
Mark Fowles January 26, 2022

Hi Nic,

Mark from SendBoard here. If you have the Email for Trello Power-Up installed on both boards, and both boards are part of the same Trello workspace, then you should be able to move cards freely between the two boards. And replies to emails you send should be added as comments to the existing card.

If this is what your setup looks like, and you're still seeing strange behaviour, please reach out to our support address (listed here) so that they can help you look into the details.

Cheers.

Mark

Nic Mather January 26, 2022

Thanks Mark,

Yes they are part of it. It's only just started happening. Will send through an email with some reference numbers too :)

Cheers!

Nic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events