Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail report checklist order

Maren March 20, 2023

Hi there!

I created an e-mail report automation with {checkliststate} just like here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Reporting-on-Checklist-level-data-dates/qaq-p/1919397 and it works pretty well.

The only issue is the order of the checklists: the checklist order in the e-mail is different than the order in the card.

Is there any solution for this? I can't quite figure out whats the reason for this.

Thank you in advance!

Greets

1 answer

0 votes
Theodoro Reato
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2023

Hi Maren,

Right now, there isn't a way to change the order of the checklist items on your report. I need to fully understand your rule to understand if it'd work, but you have the option to group by list or due date.

Maren March 23, 2023

Hi Theodoro,

The order of the checklist ITEMS isn't the problem. The order of the checklists itself is.

Here is my rule:

create a report with all cards in list "Heute/Next" due this week using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink}) \n**Checklist**: \n\n {cardcheckliststate}", and send an email notification to „XXXX@XXXX.de" with subject "Tagesupdate" and message "Personal message:\n\n ($report)"

A little information to understand my workflow:

I'm using one card per week to organize my work in checklists. Every day has its own checklist, sorted from mo-fr among each other. Additionally I have a checklist, where I put all unsorted tasks that I may have to work on the following week (this is important to transfer the tasks into the new weeks card). 

The problem occures as soon as I duplicate the card for the following week – the order of the checklists (mo-fr) of the report is completely mixed up (eg. fr, mo, thu,... instead of mo, tue, wed..)

Maybe the checklist creation date/time after duplicating has to do something with it?
Changing the order of the checklists per drag & drop doesn't have any effect on the report order either.

Hopefully this is understandable

Thanks for your help 

Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2023

Hi Maren, 

We'll need to investigate this further! I've gone ahead and created a support ticket on your behalf.

Keep an eye out for an email from us!

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events