Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Trello work on Apple silicon?

Tom Wolsky November 22, 2020

A quick question: Does Trello work with Apple silicon? Does it run in Rosetta 2? Or both?

Thanks very much.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lachlan Macnish November 22, 2020

Actually the answer is - yes it will run on Apple Silicon either way.

If the web-app: then that's dependent on the web browser (so if you run it in Safari then it's running on Apple Silicon).

If the native-app (App Store) then no, it will be Rosetta 2 because the change log doesn't show any updates for 5 months.

And I guess for the native app it could just be running in WebKit rather than being a full-native app, in which case I assume that's now Apple Silicon also. Although maybe that requires the developer to first cut-over the base-app in which WebKit is embedded first (probably - I know that's the case for a lot of integrated software - it's one way or the other but not a mix of both).

But either way, I doubt you'll even notice a difference whichever the answer.

Tom Wolsky November 23, 2020

Thank you very much. Great to know the standalone application will run. 

Like iangwatts likes this
0 votes
Lachlan Macnish November 22, 2020

The answer would be a definite yes for does it run on Apple Silicon because of Rosetta 2/web-based.

Do you mean the native client?

And does it even matter? I can't imagine it running anything less than perfect on Rosetta 2 anyway.

Adrian von Gegerfelt December 23, 2021

Yes of course it matters! Emulating software costs more CPU and RAM than running natively.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events