Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display only boards I'm on.

Kevin Casey July 9, 2020

I would like to be able to see and interact only with boards that I am tagged on. Currently my work group Trello interface shows all boards. I can go to my name at top right and select "Cards" from the menu, but this option displays my cards in a limited window. In that window I have to scroll and when I choose a board to work in or view, it takes me back to the "All boards" view. As there are many boards in that view, most not relevant to my job, it would be very convenient to filter "All boards" to my boards only.

TIA.

5 answers

1 vote
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2020

Hi @Kevin Casey 

I don't know if this is helpful, but you could go onto the boards that you're a member of and star them.

That way, the topmost section of your Trello homepage would show just those boards that you have starred (which can be from anywhere - personal, free team, shared or Business Class), and you can drag and drop them to arrange them in a meaningful way to you. So you could perhaps have your personal boards on the top row, then the boards from your company on the rest?

The other good thing about this is that the team name (where the board is located) is shown on the board cover in that view, which I find super helpful!

Then whenever you click 'home' you'd have just the boards that you're involved in, right at the top (along with any other boards that are important to you).

Just a thought!

Esme :)

Kevin Casey July 13, 2020

Thank you very much for the suggestion, Esme.

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
0 votes

Thanks for all the help. I work primarily in one Board, with only a certain number of Cards that I am active on. So, for the time being, I keep one view open, showing all cards on that board, and one view of my cards. This gives me what I need, though a little clunky. Thanks again!

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2020

@Kevin Casey I created a product called BenkoBoard that creates a linked copy of any card you're added to in your personal board:

http://www.benkoboard.com/

It's very similar to the Cards view except it's just a normal Trello board so you you can drag the cards around and add other cards/tasks (and it also allows you to use Trello as a Gmail client and creates a linked card for any comment you're mentioned in, and unwatches you from any card you're added to so you get notified only when added to a card, removed from a card, or mentioned in a comment which makes the notifications less voluminous and thus more usable). 

Thank you for the suggestion.

0 votes
Kevin Casey July 9, 2020

The only options I see from Cards is to sort by card or sort by due date. Sorting by due date allows me to see all my cards without scrolling but, either way, when I click on a card it takes me back to "all card" view. Does that make sense? It would be nice to just filter by only my cards and then click and open etc. and still see those filtered cards when I close one.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2020

Hmm, yeah i don't know exactly of a way to achieve that. You could right click when you want to open a card and select open in a new tab maybe? and then when you close that card the other tab will still be up holding your filtered cards.

Kevin Casey July 9, 2020

Thank you, Brittany. That may be my only option.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2020

@Kevin Casey so i think this best way to go about this what you've mentioned with going to your profile --> cards. Have you tried using the filter on there? That should help with the scrolling. I can add a filter sorting by boards, and then only show cards/boards on a specific team. 

image.png

Kevin Casey July 9, 2020

Thank you for the response. The only options I see from Cards is to sort by card or sort by due date. Sorting by due date allows me to see all my cards without scrolling but, either way, when I click on a card it takes me back to "all card" view. Does that make sense? It would be nice to just filter by only my cards and then click and open etc. and still see those filtered cards when I close one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events